Saturday, April 28, 2007

Lindsay's Pet Worm


Last Friday when I went to pick Lindsay up from school she said to me, "Mommy I have something in my pocket that you might be afraid of". Reluctantly I asked her "Is it alive?".

"Yah - it's a worm" she said. "Really?" I said, part of me being impressed with her interest in nature and part of me being downright disgusted in the fact there might be a creature slithering around in her pocket.


So she shows me her pocket and sure enough there's a worm in it but to my relief it was pretty much dehydrated (in other words it was D-E-A-D).


I told her that it wasn't a great idea to keep a worm in her pocket and that she should at least put it in a container of some sort. So she pulls out her lunch bag and puts "Wormy" in an old sandwich bag.


So for the past few days now, Lindsay has been sleeping with "Wormy" and bringing him to the dinner table with us, and every once in a while she will even take him out of the ziplock bag to pet him or give it a piece of apple.


I asked grandma how long I should let this continue and grandma's response was, let her do it. In a few weeks it will turn into a lump of dust and I won't have to worry about "wormy" anymore!

No comments: